geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Giving back: gbuild.org
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2005 23:44:05 GMT
On Oct 26, 2005, at 2:11 AM, Barry van Someren wrote:

> Wow, awesome!
> Thanks to all involved in bringing this new infrastructure.

A big "you're welcome" and a modest "no problem" followed by a heart-
felt "my pleasure" :)

> So are we going to have continious builds of Geronimo using this?

Yes, indeed.  Geronimo and the whole gang.

> We use them over at where I work and they help a lot by constantly
> reporting the results of changes made to the codebase during the day.
> The builds are very fast too when looking at the start/end times :-)

I've cobbled bash scripts over the last two years to do some of this
kind of thing, but those were just band-aids, this is the real deal.
I'm really really excited we have it.  Plenty of room for more fun
things too!

I highly encourage people to get involved in the Continuum project,
which is a subproject of Apache Maven.  They are begging for some
excited people to come over and join in the fun.  (http://
maven.apache.org/continuum/index.html)

I think it would be really cool to replace Continuum's internal build
queue with a distributed queue and be able to schedule builds to
machines all over the network running different OSs on various
processors and VMs.  I took a brief look and it doesn't actually seem
like it's that hard.

-David