geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Remote Deployment
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:53:37 GMT
> Are you referring to the situation when multiple Web Containers are running in
> the server and the console is running in only one of them?  Is this a scenario
> that you've seen users requesting?  I think more than one web container in a
> user deployment (apart from server development) is an unlikely scenario.  I'm
> open to it but I haven't seen any demand for it so I'm trying to understand the
> demand.

Forget about multiple web containers.  The issue is, I know there's a
servlet o.a.g.RemoteDeployerServlet running in some web app in
Geronimo.  What is the URL to contact it?  To start with, you need to
determine which web application it's in (since we already use
different names for the console for Jetty/Tomcat you can't just
hardcode a name), and then you need to determine what the URL is to
access that web application, which means inspecting its list of
connectors.

Aaron