geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Building specs with Maven 2.x
Date Sun, 30 Oct 2005 00:34:35 GMT
Hmm, after looking again, I notice that you're checkout out specs
*into* your Geronimo directory -- I guess that's the difference.

Aaron

On 10/29/05, Aaron Mulder <ammulder@alumni.princeton.edu> wrote:
> On 10/29/05, Jeff Genender <jgenender@savoirtech.com> wrote:
> > I think the flux is that you didn't follow what I said ;-)
>
> The M2 stack dump was fixed by running the command in Jason's e-mail
> from geronimo (not specs) trunk.  I suspect you'd encounter it if you
> whacked both .maven and .m2 repositories and tried to build without
> running the M2 command from the geronimo (not specs) trunk.
>
> However, I'm still left with the problem that until Jason fixes the
> specs build to write to the M1 repo instead of the M2 repo, I have to
> manually copy over all the spec JARs from ~/.m2 to ~/.maven.  I'm
> confused as to how this could be working for you if your geronimo and
> specs trunks are both up to date.
>
> But if you think I'm not following what you say, please try this:
>
> rm -rf ~/.maven
> rm -rf ~/.m2
> mkdir foo
> cd foo
> svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/trunk geronimo
> svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/trunk geronimo-specs
> cd geronimo
> maven m:co  (works)
> maven    (fails)
> cd ../geronimo-specs
> mvn   (fails)
> cd ../geronimo
> mvn -N install  (works)
> maven    (fails)
> cd ../geronimo-specs
> mvn   (works)
> cd ../geronimo
> maven   (fails)
>
> In other words, I ultimately got the specs to build, but nothing makes
> the Geronimo build work without manual artifact copying, as far as I
> can tell.  Do you get a different result?
>
> Thanks,
>     Aaron
>
> >
> > I just did it again and it worked fine.  I even wiped out my maven repo
> > too to be sure.
> >
> >  From what I can see...from your stack trace you ran M2.  That was your
> > problem.  Just do a checkout of specs, as I explained below...in your
> > geronimo directory.
> >
> > Run the *old* maven, not the new one from the top of geronimo as you
> > normally did...and it will build fine.
> >
> > Jeff
> >
> > Aaron Mulder wrote:
> > > OK, so here's the flux for me:
> > >
> > > 1) I did an m:rebuild-all (probably the first mistake)
> > > 2) I can't build Geronimo offline because the specs are missing
> > > 3) I can't build Geronimo online because
> > > geronimo-spec-j2ee-jacc-1.0-rc5.jar is not in any of the the online
> > > repos
> > > 4) I can't build the specs at all (when I run Maven 2 I get the big
> > > stack traces)
> > >
> > > I'll keep checking every now and then.  In the mean time, if someone
> > > with a working specs module could sync it to the repo so at least
> > > there are binaries of all the specs online, that would get me going
> > > again.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >     Aaron
> > >
> > > On 10/29/05, Jeff Genender <jgenender@savoirtech.com> wrote:
> > >> It must then be in a state of flux...this worked for me at 9AM (on my
> > >> new powerbook - yay) this morning...so I suspect they are working on it.
> > >>
> > >> Jeff
> > >>
> > >> Aaron Mulder wrote:
> > >>> On 10/29/05, Jeff Genender <jgenender@savoirtech.com> wrote:
> > >>>> Aaron,
> > >>>>
> > >>>> I had the same issue...
> > >>>>
> > >>>> As a work around...go into your geronimo directory and issue this
(all
> > >>>> on one line):
> > >>>>
> > >>>> svn checkout https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/trunk/
specs
> > >>>>
> > >>>> Then you should be able to build it all.
> > >>> Well, I did that, and when I tried to build that specs tree with Maven
> > >>> 2 I got the big Maven stack trace above.  But I'll check it on IRC
> > >>> and/or later.  Bad timing on my part, I guess.  :)
> > >>>
> > >>> Aaron
> > >>>
> > >>>> Aaron Mulder wrote:
> > >>>>> So I tried a rebuild-all.
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>> Geronimo won't build because the specs aren't there.
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>> The specs won't build because of the error below (is that saying
> > >>>>> Geronimo isn't there?).  I assume I'm supposed to use maven2
on
> > >>>>> geronimo/specs/trunk now because Maven 1.1 didn't seem to do
anything.
> > >>>>>  :)
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>> Thanks,
> > >>>>>     Aaron
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> > >>>>> [INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > >>>>> [ERROR] FATAL ERROR
> > >>>>> [INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > >>>>> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>> GroupId: org.apache.geronimo
> > >>>>> ArtifactId: geronimo
> > >>>>> Version: 1.0-SNAPSHOT
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>> Reason: Unable to download the artifact from any repository
> > >>>>>   org.apache.geronimo:geronimo:1.0-SNAPSHOT:pom
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>> from the specified remote repositories:
> > >>>>>   central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>> [INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > >>>>> [INFO] Trace
> > >>>>> org.apache.maven.reactor.MavenExecutionException: POM
> > >>>>> 'org.apache.geronimo:geronimo' not found in repository: Unable
to
> > >>>>> download the artifact from any repository
> > >>>>>   org.apache.geronimo:geronimo:1.0-SNAPSHOT:pom
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>> from the specified remote repositories:
> > >>>>>   central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>>         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProjects(DefaultMaven.java:359)
> > >>>>>         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:276)
> > >>>>>         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:113)
> > >>>>>         at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:249)
> > >>>>>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
> > >>>>>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> > >>>>>         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> > >>>>>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
> > >>>>>         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:315)
> > >>>>>         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:255)
> > >>>>>         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:430)
> > >>>>>        at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:375)
> > >>>>> Caused by: org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingException:
POM
> > >>>>> 'org.apache.geronimo:geronimo' not found in repository: Unable
to
> > >>>>> download the artifact from any repository
> > >>>>>   org.apache.geronimo:geronimo:1.0-SNAPSHOT:pom
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>> from the specified remote repositories:
> > >>>>>   central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>>         at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.findModelFromRepository(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:423)
> > >>>>>         at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.assembleLineage(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:955)
> > >>>>>         at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.build(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:586)
> > >>>>>         at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildFromSourceFile(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:298)
> > >>>>>         at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.build(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:276)
> > >>>>>         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProject(DefaultMaven.java:509)
> > >>>>>         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.collectProjects(DefaultMaven.java:441)
> > >>>>>         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProjects(DefaultMaven.java:345)
> > >>>>>         ... 11 more
> > >>>>> Caused by: org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.ArtifactNotFoundException:
> > >>>>> Unable to download the artifact from any repository
> > >>>>>   org.apache.geronimo:geronimo:1.0-SNAPSHOT:pom
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>> from the specified remote repositories:
> > >>>>>   central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>>         at org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:136)
> > >>>>>         at org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:63)
> > >>>>>         at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.findModelFromRepository(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:380)
> > >>>>>         ... 18 more
> > >>>>> Caused by: org.apache.maven.wagon.ResourceDoesNotExistException:
> > >>>>> Unable to download the artifact from any repository
> > >>>>>         at org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManager.getArtifact(DefaultWagonManager.java:260)
> > >>>>>         at org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:124)
> > >>>>>         ... 20 more
> > >>>>> [INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > >>>>> [INFO] Total time: < 1 second
> > >>>>> [INFO] Finished at: Sat Oct 29 14:08:38 EDT 2005
> > >>>>> [INFO] Final Memory: 1M/2M
> > >>>>> [INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>> On 10/29/05, Jeff Genender <jgenender@savoirtech.com>
wrote:
> > >>>>>> This is just the <sourceDirectory> and <testSourceDirectory>
parameters
> > >>>>>> in the <build> section of the pom, so we do not need
to move anything in
> > >>>>>> the interim, just add those declarations to point at our
locations.
> > >>>>>>
> > >>>>>> Jeff
> > >>>>>>
> > >>>>>> Aaron Mulder wrote:
> > >>>>>>> Jason,
> > >>>>>>>
> > >>>>>>> I guess this is really a Maven question, but...  If
I read that page
> > >>>>>>> right it says that what's now
> > >>>>>>>
> > >>>>>>> geronimo/module-name/src/java
> > >>>>>>> geronimo/module-name/src/test
> > >>>>>>>
> > >>>>>>> Would need to change (for Maven 2) to
> > >>>>>>>
> > >>>>>>> geronimo/module-name/src/main/java
> > >>>>>>> geronimo/module-name/src/test/java
> > >>>>>>>
> > >>>>>>> Is that correct?  Is that easy to override so the former
layout works
> > >>>>>>> for all the modules in one shot?
> > >>>>>>>
> > >>>>>>> Thanks,
> > >>>>>>>     Aaron
> > >>>>>>>
> > >>>>>>> On 10/29/05, Jason van Zyl <jason@maven.org>
wrote:
> > >>>>>>>> Hi,
> > >>>>>>>>
> > >>>>>>>> I've got all the specs builds working with Maven
2.x except for the
> > >>>>>>>> corba module for which I need to whip up a quick
plug-in to deal with
> > >>>>>>>> IDL.
> > >>>>>>>>
> > >>>>>>>> Are the specs built frequently because I see that
you've changed the
> > >>>>>>>> directory structure of the SVN repository and so
many of your references
> > >>>>>>>> like:
> > >>>>>>>>
> > >>>>>>>> ../../etc/project.xml
> > >>>>>>>>
> > >>>>>>>> Won't work anymore unless I'm not seeing something.
> > >>>>>>>>
> > >>>>>>>> If I can get the specs building with Maven 2.x
and get the artifacts
> > >>>>>>>> produced into the m1 repository, and get the spec
builds running under
> > >>>>>>>> Continuum can I flip the spec builds over to Maven
2.x standards and use
> > >>>>>>>> it as the default build? I figure that the specs
don't change that often
> > >>>>>>>> and is a good place to start if folks are interesting
in converting the
> > >>>>>>>> build over to Maven 2.x.
> > >>>>>>>>
> > >>>>>>>> This basically boils down to adhering to this:
> > >>>>>>>>
> > >>>>>>>> http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-standard-directory-layout.html
> > >>>>>>>>
> > >>>>>>>> And getting a few tips about the corba module (Alan
:-)). Everything
> > >>>>>>>> else appears to be working.
> > >>>>>>>>
> > >>>>>>>> --
> > >>>>>>>> jvz.
> > >>>>>>>>
> > >>>>>>>> Jason van Zyl
> > >>>>>>>> jason at maven.org
> > >>>>>>>> http://maven.apache.org
> > >>>>>>>>
> > >>>>>>>> you are never dedicated to something you have complete
confidence in.
> > >>>>>>>> No one is fanatically shouting that the sun is
going to rise tomorrow.
> > >>>>>>>> They know it is going to rise tomorrow. When people
are fanatically
> > >>>>>>>> dedicated to political or religious faiths or any
other kind of
> > >>>>>>>> dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas
or
> > >>>>>>>> goals are in doubt.
> > >>>>>>>>
> > >>>>>>>>   -- Robert Pirzig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle
Maintenance
> > >>>>>>>>
> > >>>>>>>>
> >
>

Mime
View raw message