geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Building specs with Maven 2.x
Date Sun, 30 Oct 2005 00:33:07 GMT
On 10/29/05, Jeff Genender <jgenender@savoirtech.com> wrote:
> I think the flux is that you didn't follow what I said ;-)

The M2 stack dump was fixed by running the command in Jason's e-mail
from geronimo (not specs) trunk.  I suspect you'd encounter it if you
whacked both .maven and .m2 repositories and tried to build without
running the M2 command from the geronimo (not specs) trunk.

However, I'm still left with the problem that until Jason fixes the
specs build to write to the M1 repo instead of the M2 repo, I have to
manually copy over all the spec JARs from ~/.m2 to ~/.maven.  I'm
confused as to how this could be working for you if your geronimo and
specs trunks are both up to date.

But if you think I'm not following what you say, please try this:

rm -rf ~/.maven
rm -rf ~/.m2
mkdir foo
cd foo
svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/trunk geronimo
svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/trunk geronimo-specs
cd geronimo
maven m:co  (works)
maven    (fails)
cd ../geronimo-specs
mvn   (fails)
cd ../geronimo
mvn -N install  (works)
maven    (fails)
cd ../geronimo-specs
mvn   (works)
cd ../geronimo
maven   (fails)

In other words, I ultimately got the specs to build, but nothing makes
the Geronimo build work without manual artifact copying, as far as I
can tell.  Do you get a different result?

Thanks,
    Aaron