geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Configuration Dependencies
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2005 02:07:58 GMT
OK, let's say I have a database pool configuration, a JMS resource
configuration, and an EAR that depends on both of them?  Is there a
way to express that?  You know, have the one EAR plan say that it's
parent is "org/apache/geronimo/System" (assuming that's still best)
but also it depends on "org/something/Database" and
"org/something/JMS" so that it guarantees that those two will be
started before the EAR?

Also, I think David J answered this before, but I can't find the
message.  What's the difference between an "import", and "include",
and a "dependency"?  According to geronimo-config-1.0.xml, it looks
like all three have the type "dependencyType" (though I thought maybe
one was supposed to refer to a different configuration like I'm trying
to do above).

Thanks,
    Aaron