geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: [vote] archival of old, unsupported, tags
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 02:35:57 GMT
I'm coming in kind of late on this one (been fighting with continuum
all day)... but it seems like the conversation somehow got polarized
between remove vs. keep and the proposal is simply to move them (as
far as I can tell).

So, here is my thoughts ...

We have to move old binaries off the mirrors and over to
cvs.apache.org at some point (i think that's where they go anyway).
I'm cool with moving the corresponding tag to an archive place in svn
at the same time.  There is a certain kind of symmetry in that which
is attractive.

So +1 to archiving the tag when we yank binaries off the mirrors.  (I
understand that's kind of a modified version of the proposal, so if
you like the addition, throw a +1 on it for clarity)

I'm not a fan of deleting tags from the repo entirely as svn has this
cool "cheap copy" concept and I don't see any reason not to take
advantage.

-David