geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kresten Krab Thorup <k...@trifork.com>
Subject Re: Trifork CORBA
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 12:26:43 GMT
As far as I remember, with the 1.3 CTS there was signature tests that
would allow testing "J2EE 1.3 Compatible" on a 1.4 VM.  I have not
seen the equivalent J2EE 1.4 tests, but there may be (or perhaps
coming) a similar set of tests that allow a J2EE 1.4 compatibility
test to complete on a Java 5 VM.

BTW, Java EE marketing has been pushing to use the term

     Java EE Compatible

Not certified, not compliant or other terms, but "compatible".  I
think it is fair to support this phrasing as we are part of this
marketing effort of the Java EE brand.

Kresten Krab Thorup
krab@trifork.com

"We do not inherit the Earth from our parents, we borrow it from our
children." Saint Exupery