geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Piper <an...@bea.com>
Subject Re: Trifork CORBA
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2005 09:20:41 GMT
At 09:39 AM 10/28/2005, Kresten Krab Thorup wrote:
>The Trifork RMI/IIOP has a quite decent implementation of all of the
>javax.rmi.CORBA stuff that we can bring right in with little
>modification, so I was thinking that we should use that.
>
>However, if you know that those ValueHandlers are good, we can
>definitively make things less complicated by using them.

I'm merely advocating walking before running ;). The only real reason
for not using these pieces is performance, and even then the
performance of the underlying streams is far more important. We don't
even use our own ValueHandler for FVD serialization, just because its
complicated, slow and not worth reinventing the wheel for. If you get
run over by a bus, its going to be non-trivial for someone to figure
out issues with a home-grown ValueHandler...

andy