geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Barry van Someren <goltha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Wiki Page for Samples
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2005 10:56:16 GMT
Well before the weekend I wrote that I wanted to test out some of the
open source applications out there by grabbing them, deploying them
and putting the results online.
Since a lot of open source applications don't yet support specific
instructions for running on Geronimo, I think it will help if we get
started on putting up our own.
The good side effect is that this will expose any problems as you'll
be testing the code with a lot of applications.

Unfortunately the deployments aren't always as easy as they tend to be
tied into a specific database (like MySQL HDBSQL) (for which I'll nead
to set up local versions.. )

Perhaps I'll check IRC when I get home to discuss some of my findings so far.