geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: Generic Logo Contest Guidelines
Date Sat, 08 Oct 2005 05:33:33 GMT
On Oct 7, 2005, at 8:55 AM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> Rather than co-located next to Stepford, we are located *in* the
> Apache Software Foundation, and this is an *Apache* project.
> Therefore, we shall continue to work within the guidelines set by
> the ASF.
>
> If there are questions and concerns about the guidelines or
> specific logos, that is fair room for discussion.  Rejecting the
> PRCs guidelines out of hand?  Not so much...

I don't want to diminish the work of the PRC in any way, but I would
like to clarify exactly what the "guidelines" are.  Are these
official requirements from the Apache Board of Directors or just the
opinion of the PRC?  From my understanding of the bylaws, the
Geronimo PMC has the right to choose a logo "subject to the direction
of the Board of Directors", so if the guidelines are simply a
suggested "best practices" from the PRC and not a requirement from
the Board, the Geronimo PMC would have the right to create it's own
guidelines possibly based on the PRC guidelines.

Out of curiosity, if the guidelines are actually requirements, are
existing logos subject to the requirements or are they grandfathered in?

-dain