geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Weekly conference call - thoughts
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 00:04:51 GMT
I'm a little surprised that this got shutdown so quickly. :) Whats the
harm in attempting one or two calls to see how they go? Now I'm not a
huge fan of conference calls either, but it very well may turn out to be
extremely effective.  Just because it wasn't a positive experience in
the past  doesn't mean that it won't be effective for this community :).

The Eclipse Web Tools project has weekly telecons open to anyone in the
community, and after discussing with a few of their attendees they
provided me with positive feedback.  Their primary use of it is to open
and follow up with action items for people and it was much easier to do
this on a call rather then a dev list.  The minutes of the meeting are
then posted on the dev list.

I personally think the more ways to communicate with the community, the
better.  So +1 from me for atleast trying it out once.

Thats my take :)

Sachin