geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From John Sisson <>
Subject Re: Consolidating the community
Date Sun, 30 Oct 2005 03:54:21 GMT
Sounds like a great idea.

OpenEJB, TranQL, ActiveMQ would be great to have as part of the community.

I noticed that Xbean was suggested.  How is Xbean currently related to
Geronimo?  Is this the Spring based project with a new name
( now takes me to the Codehaus main page)?  If so, what are
the pros and cons to moving to this?

Does OSGi compete with/overlap Xbean functionality? If so is it
premature to consider Xbean before we have considered OSGi?

I did a search for xbean on the Geronimo dev mailing list and haven't
found anything, except for references to XMLBeans.  XMLBeans jars are
named xbean-2.x.x AFAIK.

Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> Why not consolidate the entire Geronimo community, or as much as
> possible, into the Geronimo project itself?
> I bounced this idea off a few people and the feedback I got was very
> positive.  This idea keeps popping up and before it gets to far along  I
> want to bring it to the dev list.
> One thing you should really think about is this requires a big
> commitment from the Geronimo community.  There are a lot of projects,
> code and committers that we will need to integrate into our  community.
> Most of the projects will have to go through incubation,  which as you
> all know is not easy.  On the positive side, we already  work closely
> with these projects, and are very familiar with the  communities and code.
> As you can tell, I'm very excited about this.  What do you think?   Who
> would want to come?
> -dain

View raw message