geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@savoirtech.com>
Subject Re: Building specs with Maven 2.x
Date Sun, 30 Oct 2005 00:56:23 GMT

Aaron Mulder wrote:
> On 10/29/05, Jeff Genender <jgenender@savoirtech.com> wrote:
>> I think the flux is that you didn't follow what I said ;-)
>
> The M2 stack dump was fixed by running the command in Jason's e-mail
> from geronimo (not specs) trunk.  I suspect you'd encounter it if you
> whacked both .maven and .m2 repositories and tried to build without
> running the M2 command from the geronimo (not specs) trunk.
>
> However, I'm still left with the problem that until Jason fixes the
> specs build to write to the M1 repo instead of the M2 repo, I have to
> manually copy over all the spec JARs from ~/.m2 to ~/.maven.  I'm
> confused as to how this could be working for you if your geronimo and
> specs trunks are both up to date.
>
> But if you think I'm not following what you say, please try this:

You didn't follow...thats the problem...see below..

> rm -rf ~/.maven
> rm -rf ~/.m2
> mkdir foo
> cd foo
> svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/trunk geronimo
> svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/trunk geronimo-specs

Problem HERE ^^^^

Please do a cd geronimo... THEN to the svn co of geronimo-specs *in* the
geronimo dircetory.  All of the old project.xmla,d maven.xml files are
still intact.  They work fine (luckily).

> cd geronimo
> maven m:co  (works)
> maven    (fails)
> cd ../geronimo-specs
> mvn   (fails)
> cd ../geronimo
> mvn -N install  (works)
> maven    (fails)
> cd ../geronimo-specs
> mvn   (works)
> cd ../geronimo
> maven   (fails)
>
> In other words, I ultimately got the specs to build, but nothing makes
> the Geronimo build work without manual artifact copying, as far as I
> can tell.  Do you get a different result?
>
> Thanks,
>     Aaron
>
>> I just did it again and it worked fine.  I even wiped out my maven repo
>> too to be sure.
>>
>>  From what I can see...from your stack trace you ran M2.  That was your
>> problem.  Just do a checkout of specs, as I explained below...in your
>> geronimo directory.
>>
>> Run the *old* maven, not the new one from the top of geronimo as you
>> normally did...and it will build fine.
>>
>> Jeff
>>
>> Aaron Mulder wrote:
>>> OK, so here's the flux for me:
>>>
>>> 1) I did an m:rebuild-all (probably the first mistake)
>>> 2) I can't build Geronimo offline because the specs are missing
>>> 3) I can't build Geronimo online because
>>> geronimo-spec-j2ee-jacc-1.0-rc5.jar is not in any of the the online
>>> repos
>>> 4) I can't build the specs at all (when I run Maven 2 I get the big
>>> stack traces)
>>>
>>> I'll keep checking every now and then.  In the mean time, if someone
>>> with a working specs module could sync it to the repo so at least
>>> there are binaries of all the specs online, that would get me going
>>> again.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>     Aaron

Method)