geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Colasurdo <davec...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Applications directory structure
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 11:35:42 GMT

Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> It looks fine to me. I've got a question, I can't stop thinking about (I
> hope it hasn't been discussed). What's the point to structure it this
> way? Is it going to be better to have two directories and a bunch of
> subdirectories instead of these subdirs at one level up? Not, that I'm
> questioning it, just wonder what benefits are given with such a structure.

As you know, the directory structure can be any arbitrary way we choose
to structure it.  Just seems that separating the samples from the system
applications is a logical dividing line.  Users that want to experiment
and rebuild the samples in the source tree will quickly understand this
distinction. Don't want folks playing with the system applications
unless they really know what they are doing..  So, it is really just a
better way to show this distinction.