geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jlaskow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Applications directory structure
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 11:09:41 GMT
Dave Colasurdo wrote:
> There have been several previous conversations regarding the structure
> of the geronimo/applications directory. It seems that there should be
> some way to differentiate the various categories of applications?
>
> Perhaps something like:
>
> geronimo/applications/samples/ would contain:
> -demo
> -servlets-examples
> -jsp-examples
> -magicGball
> -dayTrader
> -bigPetEJBSess
> -petStore
>
> geronimo/applications/system would contain:
> -console*
> -jmxdebug
> -uddi-server
> -welcome

It looks fine to me. I've got a question, I can't stop thinking about (I
hope it hasn't been discussed). What's the point to structure it this
way? Is it going to be better to have two directories and a bunch of
subdirectories instead of these subdirs at one level up? Not, that I'm
questioning it, just wonder what benefits are given with such a structure.

> -Dave-

Jacek