geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@savoirtech.com>
Subject Re: Clustering
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2005 19:27:31 GMT

Dave Colasurdo wrote:

> Jeff Genender wrote:
>

>> Dave Colasurdo wrote:
>>
>>> I'm still trying to understand the current web-tier clustering
>>> support available in geronimo.
>>>
>>> Have the clustering GBeans been added for the Tomcat container?
>>

>> I have them fully coded.  I just need to test them and check them in.
>>

> Thanks... Please keep us posted on progress.  Am eager to test this out..

I am on it...

>>> Any setup documentation available for testing G web-tier clustering
>>> using Tomcat?
>>

>> Not at the moment.  Would you be interested in helping out with
>> getting info on the wiki after I check this in?
>>
> Yep, can help out here..
>
> BTW, I think the whole G Wiki needs a facelift.. I'm also hoping Hernan
> can help out here.

+1000!!! This would be most excellent.

>>> What is the G web-tier clustering story related to Jetty?  Any setup
>>> documentation available?
>>

>> We are actually talking about using WADI (wadi.codehaus.org) to do
>> this.  This way Jetty and Tomcat can share the web tier in a cluster.
>> This is primarily why I have held off checking in the Tomcat clustering.
>>
> Does this mean that a single cluster can consist of both G Jetty and G
> Tomcat cluster members?  Hmmm..  I usually think of cluster members as
> identical clones.  Or are you saying that both Jetty and Tomcat would
> share the same WADI mechanism for clustering though not support a
> heterogeneous set of web containers across servers?

I'll let Jules comment on this.  But yes, IIUC, the cluster
theoretically should be able to have both Jetty and Tomcat members.  The
clustering is really only the HTTPSession, so in theory this should not
be an issue.  Jules, care to comment here?