geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Colasurdo <davec...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Clustering
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2005 19:21:18 GMT

Jeff Genender wrote:

> Dave Colasurdo wrote:
>
>> I'm still trying to understand the current web-tier clustering support
>> available in geronimo.
>>
>> Have the clustering GBeans been added for the Tomcat container?
>

> I have them fully coded.  I just need to test them and check them in.

Thanks... Please keep us posted on progress.  Am eager to test this out..

>> Any setup documentation available for testing G web-tier clustering
>> using Tomcat?
>

> Not at the moment.  Would you be interested in helping out with getting
> info on the wiki after I check this in?

Yep, can help out here..

BTW, I think the whole G Wiki needs a facelift.. I'm also hoping Hernan
can help out here.

>> What is the G web-tier clustering story related to Jetty?  Any setup
>> documentation available?
>

> We are actually talking about using WADI (wadi.codehaus.org) to do this.
>  This way Jetty and Tomcat can share the web tier in a cluster.  This is
> primarily why I have held off checking in the Tomcat clustering.

Does this mean that a single cluster can consist of both G Jetty and G
Tomcat cluster members?  Hmmm..  I usually think of cluster members as
identical clones.  Or are you saying that both Jetty and Tomcat would
share the same WADI mechanism for clustering though not support a
heterogeneous set of web containers across servers?