geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The autodeploy feature in Geronimo
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2005 19:16:23 GMT

Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> On Oct 24, 2005, at 1:05 PM, Joe Bohn wrote:
>>
>> How about if we provide a "hot deploy" location that acts as an
>> "addition/over-ride" location much the same as adding a library
>> earlier in a path.  I tend to think of this "hot deploy" activity as a
>> developer activity and so I think most folks running a production
>> server would follow the traditional deploy, undeploy, redeploy
>> mechanics.  Hot-deploy would most likely be used exclusively in
>> development or to "patch" a critical problem with a temporary fix.
>
> I only think of hot-deploy as a developer activity, and personally would
> turn it off in production.

Yes, this would definately not be a production tool.  For now I really
think we just need something VERY simple.  Like David J. said, lets
simply restrict the deployables to archives containing plans.  This
would eliminate unncessary complexity until further thought can be put
into a solution that allows additional capability and be able to
properly handle these scenarios.  We can make this as simple as we want
or as complex as we want.  Lets start with something simple for now :)