geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@savoirtech.com>
Subject Re: The autodeploy feature in Geronimo
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2005 16:44:05 GMT

Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> On Oct 23, 2005, at 6:00 PM, Jeff Genender wrote:
>

>> Sachin Patel wrote:
>>
>>> Jacek Laskowski wrote:
>>>  Am I right that the simplest solution is to develop a GBean that

>>> This was my thinking as well.  The directory would listen for  adds,
>>> modifications, and deletions.
>>>

>> I think this may be somewhat confusing.  I think when dropping in  the
>> directory, it should should deploy...then be immediately  removed from
>> the directory.
>

> Eeek.  I think you'd want it to remain - helps you figure out what
> exactly has been deployed.  IOW you can always look in the dir to see
> what is supposedly running...

Not necessarily...I think keeping the config store aligned with what is
in this directory will cause more headaches than not.  What if the
deployment fails?  Then what you have in config store will not match
this directory.  This is the problem in having 2 deployment areas.  I
really think this needs to be thought through.