geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <>
Subject Re: The autodeploy feature in Geronimo
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2005 15:35:48 GMT

Sachin Patel wrote:
> Wouldn't it be more confusing to the user if their file got removed
> after it got deployed? I feel the point of a "live" directory is for the
> runtime to be able to react to any changes to it, including deletions.
> Both Jboss and Websphere's hot deploy capability allow deletions.

I would like to get more input on this.  I really believe a hot deploy
directory should be just for deploy/redeploy.  There was some
great discussion in the past on this (check the lists). But I am open to
this.  The problems we will run into this whole idea is managing the
plans and ensuring the dropped wars/jars/ears/rars/etc are the same in
the config store.  Then, also what about exploded libs?

I wouldn't necessarily say the because WS and JBoss have it, means its
the right way. How is BEA doing it?  We should think about this all the
way through before going down a path.

> What does tomcat allow?
> Sachin

View raw message