geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: loading gbeans
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2005 12:36:01 GMT

David Jencks wrote:
> First of all...
>
> configurationManager.load(myURI);  //starts the configuration gbean, but
> not the gbeans in the configuration
> configurationManager.loadGBeans(myURI);  //loads but does not start the
> gbeans in the configuration

Doh! must have overlooked that API.

> will load the configuration whose ID is myURI, and then load but not
> start the gbeans in the configuration, so you won't get any port
> conflicts.  Starting the configuration
> (configurationManager.start(myURI) will load and start the gbeans in the
> configuration: you don't want to do this.
>
> Second, does jmx remoting use the jndi naming port?  I keep getting
> confused about which port jmx remoting connects to.

I thought so... but now I'm 100% sure myself. :)  In the wiki  it does....

deployer:geronimo:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/JMXConnector
(which by the way the path is incorrect)

but in my eclipse tooling code... the uri I have is

deployer:geronimo:jmx:rmi://localhost/jndi/rmi:/JMXConnector

So I'm wondering now myself how its connecting to the correct port, or
if not specified it just happens to be defaulting to 1099.