geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@savoirtech.com>
Subject Re: The autodeploy feature in Geronimo
Date Sun, 23 Oct 2005 22:00:07 GMT

Sachin Patel wrote:

> Jacek Laskowski wrote:
>
>  Am I right that the simplest solution is to develop a GBean that
>
>> would monitor a directory and hand over a deployable to a deployer?
>

> This was my thinking as well.  The directory would listen for adds,
> modifications, and deletions.

I think this may be somewhat confusing.  I think when dropping in the
directory, it should should deploy...then be immediately removed from
the directory.  IMHO, this dir should be for hot deploy only.  Let the
deployer decide if it should be updated or added.  I think the deletions
should not be done through this dir.  We should use the normal undeploy
capabilities of the deployer.