geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jlaskow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: xdoclet
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 20:39:37 GMT
Sachin Patel wrote:
> Jacek, Looks like WTP will have xdoc2 support for their 1.0 (got a note
> saying it's in this weeks I-build) so perhaps we should consider not
> maintaining two streams and focus only on xdoclet 2 plugin development.

Hey Sachin,

Great! I've had some success in developing XDoclet2 plugin for Geronimo,
but wonder what exactly we need to have. I'm working on a GBeanPlugin,
so that one would create a GBean and annotate it with some tags. I don't
know yet what tags it will end up with, though. Probably, it will map
what's available in the gbean xml schema.

So far we've got the XDoclet plugin for OpenEJB that I think should
rather be in OpenEJB repo. No Geronimo XDoclet2 support exists yet. The
question that bothers me lately is what XDoclet2 should bring to the table?

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

> Sachin.

Jacek