geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jlaskow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Questions about helping out
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 11:28:44 GMT
Barry van Someren wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been taking a big interest in Geronimo lately and want to put
> some of my current hobby projects on hold to help out with the
> development of Geronimo.

Excellent!

> As for contributing code changes, what is the norm?

Typically, one takes a look at JIRA and see what's reported and not yet
assigned or ask if an assigned task is really being done. Once the issue
is picked up, one sends an email to the dev mailing list and announce
that it's worked out. During development, one can join IRC and ask
questions there, and send wrapups to the dev mailing list to keep people
updated (chances are someone else would be willing to help, too). Once
the issue/task is done, a patch is attached to the issue/task. One of
the Geronimo committers will then commit it to the repo. Upon successful
commit, celebration takes place, probably with granting the commit
access to the repo.

> Make a patch and assign the copyright to Apache?

Yes.

> Barry van Someren

Jacek