geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Gianny Damour <gianny.dam...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: transitive dependencies
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 04:57:33 GMT
You may be right. Having said that, this XML parsing is done each time
that a dependency is declared by a configuration. I see this approach as
more self-contained than a solution based on the build system. Indeed,
this approach allows to declare the runtime dependencies of a
dependency, which is rather handy.

Also, I think that it is also a pain to declare the transitive
dependencies in a configuration. I would prefer to simply define the top
level dependencies, e.g. the ones defining the declared GBeans, and let
them define the other dependencies.

Thanks,
Gianny