geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: xdoclet
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 15:00:52 GMT
No, I'm currently not working on it, and I don't think John S is either
right now.  This is a good question, but I say go for it.  The only
technical reason I can think at the top of my head to keep the 1.x based
version is for eclipse tooling integration, as WTP currently supports
the 1.x xdoclet runtimes.  I'm not sure wether they have plans to
support 2.x runtime for WTP 1.0.  I can ask them.  If so, then perhaps
there is no need to support both versions.  Also how much easier is it
to develop XDoclet 2 plugins from a build perspective? Do you think some
of the questions John posted in an earlier thread can be answered easer
with XDoclet2? (i.e can you build without the source?)

Sachin.