geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Colasurdo <davec...@earthlink.net>
Subject Geronimo examples
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2005 20:58:42 GMT
I've just opened two JIRAs (GERONIMO-1087, GERONIMO-1088) to integrate
the Tomcat servlet and JSP examples into geronimo..  Please review and
give them a quick test drive..

A few questions..

1) The applications are already built over on the Tomcat project and
included in the tomcat binary distribution as an exploded war.  So, the
tomcat distribution contains both the class files and jar files in the
format that the application expects.  I've added the exploded wars into
the geronimo application tree and use maven to create the wars.
Basically keeping the tomcat format of the files intact.  I noticed the
patch I created shows some files (class, jar) as non-displayable files.
  It's unclear to me whether  these are valid filetypes to deliver as
patches?  BTW, I view the applications somewhat like dependencies and
not really planning to fork the code base..

2) The jsp-examples application would not deploy on geronimo until I
made changes to remove LF(x0A) characters from the web.xml file..

I suspect the same error occurs when the Tomcat web container is used.
I've fixed the immediate LF problem in web.xml but was wondering if
geronimo has a problem in this area.. (since the application deploys
fine in standalone Tomcat)..  Is a JIRA needed here?

The error was:

   15:19:17,614 WARN  [JettyModuleBuilder] Web application does not
contain a WEB-INF/geronimo-web.xml deployment plan.  This may or may not
be a problem, depending on whether you have things like resource
references that need to be resolved.
  You can also give the deployer a separate deployment plan file on the
command line.
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: <url-pattern> must not
contain LF(#xA)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.jetty.deployment.JettyModuleBuilder.checkString(JettyModuleBuilder.java:1316)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.jetty.deployment.JettyModuleBuilder.checkURLPattern(JettyModuleBuilder.java:1298)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.jetty.deployment.JettyModuleBuilder.check(JettyModuleBuilder.java:1283)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.jetty.deployment.JettyModuleBuilder.createModule(JettyModuleBuilder.java:230)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.jetty.deployment.JettyModuleBuilder.createModule(JettyModuleBuilder.java:194)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.jetty.deployment.JettyModuleBuilder$$FastClassByCGLIB$$b30bba8a.invoke(<generated>)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:118)

Thanks
-Dave-