geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Colasurdo <davec...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Clustering
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2005 13:01:14 GMT
Can we level-set the conversation (in this subthread) by describing the
current clustering options available in Geronimo.  It seems that Tomcat
and Jetty already have some level of web tier clustering.  Can a
geronimo user easily leverage this support?

Specifically, Tomcat supports Load Balancing via JK
connector/mod_proxy/balancer, HttpSession failover via
file/database/memory replication, sticky session, etc..
Though it seems that some of the configuration/management depends on
tomcat server.xml..  Can geronimo users currently easily leverage this
web tier clustering?

I understand that Tomcat and Jetty provide only Web tier solutions and
don't address EJB, JNDI, JDBC, JMS..  Though just wondering whether how
relevant their web tier solutions are to geronimo.

Also, how does Tangosol Coherence fit in?  Is this an application level
clustering solution?

Dave