geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Colasurdo <davec...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Geronimo Samples
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 17:01:48 GMT
 >> 7) What samples should be available as a separate download?
 >> -Existing Tomcat Samples (Servlet Examples, JSP Examples)... These
 >> appear to work on Geronimo (w/ Jetty) with one minor change
 >> -Day Trader (currently in sandbox)
 >> -Petstore (currently in sandbox)
 >> -Migration samples (currently under discussion on the devlist)
 >> -Any other sample that can be used to showcase the geronimo
 >> functionality.. Lets add to this list..
 >> -Didn't someone else donate some samples awhile back?
 >>
>>Sing Li contributed a couple samples, GERONIMO-730 and 731.  We should
>>check that they still work and commit them.  I'm going to ask him for a
>>CLA just to be on the safe side.
>
> Actually, I was working on integrating these to get them checked in a
> couple months ago and I had trouble getting the taglib working at all.
> I need to dig back into these and just get them checked in.

Are there any other samples that need to be added to the initial list of
downloadable geronimo samples?

Also, here is a shot at the current status of the known samples.  Can
you please help fill in the blanks..

-Tomcat Samples - run fine on geronimo with a minor tweak (LF x0A
character in web.xml).  Investigating incorporating these with an EJB as
part of the default sample..
-Day Trader - functioning sample
-Petstore - JIRAs open to address pblms???
-Migration Samples - under development by Hernan
-Sing Li's samples (Is there a better name for these?)- being updated by
Bruce/others??
-MagicGball - functional.. anything needed here?
-Demo - functional - looks like recent security changes have been made..
Anything needed here?

I suspect all of these samples require additional documentation created.

BTW, Here is a link to the current Geronimo sample JIRAs
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=ASC&sorter/field=priority&pid=10220&component=12310222

Thanks
-Dave-