geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: rid of all ns prefixes]
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 00:45:44 GMT
David Jencks wrote:
> I'm a bit unclear as to whether the eclipse stuff you are working on
> is supposed to be able to edit hand written plans or is only supposed
> to be able to generate new plans.
Ideally both.  Existing geronimo applications should be able to be
imported into WTP and the editors should be able to open the hand
written plans.

> In the latter  case, you can just generate plans including the correct
> namespaces.  In the former case, you should call the appropriate
> methods in SchemaConversionUtils to set the correct namespaces before
> trying to import into your tool.  Most likely we will need to change
> things a bit so this can be done conveniently.

Cool ok.  So can the conversion be done both ways? That way in the
"source tab" of the editor I could possibly show the "hand written
version" while the graphical editors would be writing and modifying the
underlying EMF model.  Should I go ahead and open a jira up to track
this work on ScheamConversionUtils for 1.0?

Sachin.