geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Confluence - again (was Re: Applications migration)
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 20:56:36 GMT
Geir, have you noted how user-unfriendly the apache wiki is? with this
wiki you are very limited with the formating. The wiki names are not
easy either, try to talk about " ConnectionPoolDatasource", this wiki
will automatically create a new page link for it.

I think it would be better to keep everything "local" but the local wiki
needs some work then(i.e. update presentation/look&feel, formating tags,
navigability, manage local attachments, etc.)

It takes a lot more time to format a simple article in wiki than
confluence and still you will not get the same organization/structure
you been looking for.

I prefer to have the articles out faster and with the best formating
possible.

What you think it would be the best alternative for documentation?

Cheers!
Hernan