geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject [Fwd: Re: rid of all ns prefixes]
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 19:07:00 GMT
Is the following statement true?? How is geronimo being able to process
deployment plans without declaring all namespaces in a plan and
qualifying the elements?

Sachin.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: rid of all ns prefixes
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 12:56:09 -0600
From: Dave Carlson <dcarlson@xmlmodeling.com>
Newsgroups: eclipse.tools.emf
<digtfs$2n8$1@news.eclipse.org> <digu6l$3ml$1@news.eclipse.org>

The XML spec does not require a schema for well-formed XML documents.  From
your description, it sounds like Geronimo has written a custom application
that "knows" how to load the XML stream without reference to any schemas.
Unfortunately, it is impossible to use a general purpose modeling tool like
EMF (or any other Java-binding framework) without well-defined schemas and
their required namespaces/prefixes.