geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Stoddard <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: Applications migration
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 17:23:22 GMT
David Blevins wrote:

> On Oct 10, 2005, at 12:10 PM, Sachin Patel wrote:
>

>> David Jencks wrote:
>>

>>> I think we should discuss if we want to move to confluence as our  wiki
>>>
>> I think the move to confluence is an excellent idea and we should
>> definitely start discussing this. Looking at the current wiki, I
>> think there is a lot of great but unorganized information.  Since  M5
>> has now been released we expect and enormous growth in "users"  and so
>> I think we are are now at a point where it would be good to  start
>> focusing on the organization and presentation of the wiki and  the
>> move to confluence would be a good starting point to be able to  do so.
>>

> We have a confluence space if we want to start using it.  http://
> opensource2.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/GERONIMO
>
> Here is an example of what we could do with it   http://
> opensource2.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/GERONIMO/Unassigned
>
> -David

Humm... from discussions over on infrastructure I see Leo and Noel have some concerns about
maintaining a
confluence install on apache.org. Probably nothing that couldn't be solved by a few volunteers.
If a case
could be made to completely replace moin-moin and standardize on confluence, that'd be even
better. Do you see
the wiki as being the method of choice for Apache Geronimo doc delivery? Any interest in using
xdoc & transforms?

Please don't send us down the path of hosting ASF project doc on non-ASF infrastructure. Nothing
good can come
from that exercise.

Bill