geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Erin Mulder <me...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Applications migration
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2005 18:55:12 GMT
Hernan Cunico wrote:
> I have been working on some migration documents for porting applications
> running on other application servers (just JBoss so far) to Geronimo.

This sounds great.

I also think it would be neat to create a few dirt-simple migration
tools.  For example, imagine running:

   bin/import.sh --weblogic-home /usr/local/wl81

or

   bin/import.sh --jboss-home /usr/local/jboss4

and having it copy as much of the configuration as it could (port
numbers, JAAS config, JMS destinations, data sources, etc.).  Wouldn't
have to be perfect -- just good enough to save time and verbose enough
to let you know exactly what it did so that you could handle the rest.

Cheers,
Erin