geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@savoirtech.com>
Subject Re: Generic Logo Contest Guidelines
Date Sun, 09 Oct 2005 23:35:07 GMT

J wrote:
> Now whether I have or have not created a logo for this particular
> contest is irrevelant. I am just concerned about reading about this push
> if you all will for 2-3 logo's that quite honestly are not good and well
> just seem like they had no thought behind them.

This seems awfully opinionated and is a bit condescending to the
community.  Are you saying the community has rotten taste and doesn't
pick logos that have "thought" behind them?  I personally find this
statement offensive.

> A logo is a statement. A logo is an item with thought. And a handful of
> these logo's look more like an in the box concept that just steroetypes
> Native American's then actually helps the apache project out.

What do you call the Apache feather then?  I am sorry, but that feather
is obviously attached to a form of native american image.  Do you feel
this way about the current Apache logo?

> So the main question is this will there be a real vote with real time
> opporutnity to see results for all the logo's or just wait until #11
> gets picked because well it sucks, not well thought out and a good
> number of you like it for some unknown, ungodly reason?

Is there a reason this type of verbage needs to be used?  Can we engage
without showing disrespect?  IMHO, I think we don't need to rate
people's taste factor.  Again, I find this particularly offensive.