geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: Generic Logo Contest Guidelines
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2005 14:49:33 GMT
J,

Based on the quote from the PRC I agree with your logic.  Unfortunately, these
"requirements" are coming in at the end of the contest.  I think this is a
disservice to those whose contributions you site.

I'm not sure what is offensive (can anyone answer that question?)  I guess I
refuse to drink the PC koolaid that others are so willing to chug.  I didn't
realize that Open Source is co-located next to Stepford.

If it is Apache's position that no logo's that represent Native American lore
are appropriate and that position is enforced across the projects then I'm
willing to accept and live within that.  Unfortunately, that is not the case.
The Commons project has a peace pipe as their logo.

The headdress symbolizes authority, honor and respect.  Where is the offense in
that ?

Matt