geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Can we hit 1.0 by December 10th?
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2005 04:21:07 GMT
With Apachecon coming up on December 10th I think it is a unique opportunity to
take Geronimo to its 1.0 debut.  I know there are lots of cool things in the
pipeline but if I remember correctly I think most of what we were looking for
was usability, stability, the Console and performance.  Effectively stabilizing
the product and then moving on to more aggressive changes for 1.x to 2.0.

I don't know about other people's time commitments but I've started performance
testing and have an initial set of numbers against JBoss
<parentheticalidea>(bear in mind I know little about JBoss so I'm not confident
in some of the numbers).  I will commit to getting out an initial deck to you
guys over the weekend.  I want to recheck some numbers</parentheticalidea>  I'm
going to focus on finalizing the performance application and improving
performance and runtime stability.

I'd like to solicit people's thought's on putting a stake in the ground for 1.0
by Apachecon.  Also, start providing your must have's for 1.0 so we can come to
consensus.

Cheers

- Matt