geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: What do we do about fixable problems in M5?
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 12:30:52 GMT
I think that will work but users won't find Geronimo incredibly useful if they
have to pull a whole new build to fix a single problem.  I discovered a similar
problem in TranQL that the 1.1 SNAPSHOT doesn't generate the right SQL syntax
for DB2 and had to tweak the Syntax Generator.  So the option going forward is
for someone to pull TranQL 1.2-SNAPSHOT which wil most likely break their build
too because of the serialization problem (probably not likely with my example
but a high probability for other types of fixes).

Sachin had the right idea of highlighting the issues with serialVersionUIDs but
that was part of a larger problem.  I'll open a feature JIRA that focuses on
improved serviceability which would encompass these recurring issues and we'll
look for someone to step up to the plate and put a strategy together.

Thoughts?

- Matt