geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Schmidt <schmidt...@web.de>
Subject M5 startup without changing configs causes 'port-in-use' trouble
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 03:47:43 GMT
Hi,

I installed the new M5 with the installer (all options selected) and
started the server without any changes to the configs. This (of course -
silly me) caused heaps of 'port already in use' exceptions for 8080 and
8443. Running G on either Tomcat or Jetty configs (or both with seperate
ports) works fine though.

My problem with this that new users might not be aware of this and think
that the distrobution ships broken. Is there any chance to change M5 to
either different port settings for Tomcat/Jetty or have only one running
by default?

Regards,
Stefan Schmidt