geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject partial revert on schema versioning changes??
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2005 16:55:30 GMT
Are applications containing plans that reference the old namespace still
supported since the schema versioning changes went in?

When versioning the schemas, shouldn't just renaming the file and
setting the version attribute for the schema be all that is necessary?.
Why was it necessary for all the uris to change as well to include the
"-1.0" suffix?  Could we remove this in HEAD?

I bring this up (a little late) because tooling build is broken at the
moment due to these uri name changes.  EMF uses the namespace uri to
generate the package names for the model.  EMF doesn't do a great job of
processing uri's containing non alpha or numeric characters and now all
the generated packaged names contain segments such as "_1". All the code
that reference this generated model code no longer compile due to these
package renames.  Also there are some other problems, such as the
generated class names for some of the EMF specific classes aren't named
correctly to convention thus making it very error prone and difficult to
code against.

As a temporary solution, I will probably need to branch off for m5, and
do one of several workarounds, one of which is to have hand modified
versions of the schema's and feed those to EMF rather then the original
versioned ones.  (As long as the old uris are still supported). If not
then, I'll have to take a much more painful approach.  Either way, would
it be possible to revert back to the original uri's in HEAD?

Again, my apologies for not catching this sooner.

Sachin