geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: Consolidating the community
Date Sat, 29 Oct 2005 19:13:19 GMT
Huge +1!

I can't speak for the rest of the ActiveMQ community, but I've
chatted with James Strachan in the past before this, and we think it
would be a huge win for both the Apache and ActiveMQ communities if
ActiveMQ came to Apache.  There's also a few dependencies that
ActiveMQ uses that are maintained mostly by the committers ActiveMQ
community like ActiveIO, ActiveCluster, ActivetSpaces, etc.  It would
be nice to keep all these projects together., I wonder if the Apache/
Geronimo community would be interested in bring all this stuff in house?

Unfortunately, James (the founder of most of the above projects) is
out on vacation this week, but I sure He'd be all for it if Apache/
Geronimo was interested.  This idea is also very exciting for me!  It
would show the solidification and maturing of the geronimo project.

Regards,
Hiram