geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject [discuss] Announcements for certification
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2005 14:10:58 GMT
All,

M5 is a big release for us, a major milestone - it's what we set out
to do back in August of 2003!  :)

Jeff did the announcement to the dev list and put the binaries on the
mirror system, and I've added that to the website.  Some of the
mirrors have it, so we can add an announcement to the front page
based on how we decide on the timing.

Things we need to decide :

1) Ask PRC for a press release announcing M5 as certified?

2) Since I've seen the binaries on a few mirrors, I think now is
fine, and we can add things like links to press releases as they
happen, does anyone have a problem w/ an annoucenment going on the
geronimo site now?  it may take some time to propogate to www

3) Announce to apache community

4) announce elsewhere

geir

geirm@apache.org