geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject Geronimo configuration question
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2005 12:46:44 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to add support for Geronimo in Cargo (http://cargo.codehaus.org).
For that I need to understand how to configure Geronimo.

In cargo we have 2 notions:

- Standalone Configuration: This allows the user to tell where he'd like the
container to be configured and a default working configuration is created
for him/her at that location.

- Existing Configuration: The user points to an already defined
configuration on his hard disk and Cargo uses it.

I'd like to understand if it's possible to create a Standalone Configuration
of Geronimo. To give you some examples for other containers:

- On Tomcat, this means creating a directory containing the following
structure and then defining the catalina.home and cataline.base system
properties:

Mytomcatconfig/
  |_ conf/
    |_ server.xml
    |_ tomcat-users.xml
    |_ web.xml

- On WebLogic, this means creating an admin domain configuration directory
structure

- On JBoss this means creating a JBoss server configuration directory
structure

- etc.

It's actually of defining a base installation directory for the container
and then separate the configuration from it. This allows leaving the default
installation untouched.

It also allows for example to run several instances of the same container on
the same machine, all sharing the same base installation but having
different configurations.

Is that possible? How would I do that?

Thanks
-Vincent