geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From anita kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo Samples
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2005 10:29:54 GMT
      IMHO, We should divide our efforts according to
the following target audience:
1. Beginers : I would like university students to
download G to learn JSP, Servlets, EJBs and Web
Sevices. The apps should be predeployed in G, so that
they can be run by clicking the 'start' button. We
should develop one EJB and one Web Services example
following the Tomcat JSP/Servlets examples. These
examples should not have anything specific to Geronimo
or Web Container and should demonstrate the
technology, one concept at a time.
2. Expert Users : Provide a fairly complex example,
which is ready to be built and illustrates how a good
J2EE app should be written. This example should be
interactive and should demonstrate Geronimo specific
concepts.

Thanks
Anita

--- Dave Colasurdo <davecola@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Planning to update the Welcome page to contain a
> section for Examples
>
> Something like:
>
> Geronimo Examples
>   - Servlet examples
>   - JSP examples
>   - EJB examples (coming soon)
>
> A few questions..
>
> As you know, the Servlet and JSP examples are from
> Tomcat..
> Should/can/must we provide credit to Tomcat on this
> page  (e.g. Servlet
> examples - courtesy of Apache  Tomcat)?  This may
> seem strange to the
> user if they have selected the Jetty web container
> :>)

    Jetty users are familiar with these examples : see
http://jetty.mortbay.org/jetty/demoWebApps.html

unpack("u30","D0G)U8V4\@4VYY9&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E<D\!G;6%I;\"YC;VT*"

http://mail.yahoo.com