geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From toby cabot <t...@caboteria.org>
Subject Re: More port conflicts
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 12:18:01 GMT

> The alternative to starting both web containers by default is to
> start neither: we can't play favorites.

Why can't we start only one web container by default?  I understand
that for political reasons it may be difficult to choose one over the
other, so how about another poll like the logo contest?  However the
decision gets made, it needs to get made.  Users who care can copy
configuration files around, but users who don't have a preference for
which web container to use shouldn't be forced to decide, they should
just be able to start working with geronimo.