geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From anita kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: More port conflicts
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:04:57 GMT

--- David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Oct 11, 2005, at 11:27 AM, anita kulshreshtha
> wrote:
>
> >    I have built M5 from the source. I am running
> the
> > default configuration (Jetty and Tomcat). I start
> The
> > following configurations :
> > org/apache/geronimo/applications/Welcome/Tomcat
> and
> > org/apache/geronimo/Console/Tomcat
> >     Both theses configurations get started on port
> > 8080. Even though Tomcat is running on port 8090:
> >     Before I investigate further, is this a known
> > problem?
>
> How do you know what port they are on?  if tomcat is
> running on port
> 8090 and jetty is running on 8080, then
> org/apache/geronimo/Console/Tomcat is going to be
> available on 8090 and
> org/apache/geronimo/Console/Jetty is going to  be
> available on 8080.
>
> I think there is a bug with what is reported when
> the server starts,
> all apps are reported as being on the first web
> container no matter
> which one they are running on.

  There is a bug which reports (probably in the
deployer ?) which reports 'started on..'  8080. Even
though the apps are started correctly. So here it is :
1. Server starts properly and the messages are
correct.
2. The apps are being started correctly and are
available on respective ports. Only the message is
wrong. it would be nice if we could somehow convey
this to newcomers.
3.  Console with Tomcat still shows Jetty Connectors.
This was a problem pre M5, may be the new changes have
not made it to M5.

http://mail.yahoo.com