geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: Building specs with Maven 2.x
Date Sat, 29 Oct 2005 22:38:48 GMT
On Sat, 2005-10-29 at 15:41 -0400, Aaron Mulder wrote:
> On 10/29/05, Jeff Genender <jgenender@savoirtech.com> wrote:
> > Aaron,
> >
> > I had the same issue...
> >
> > As a work around...go into your geronimo directory and issue this (all
> > on one line):
> >
> > svn checkout https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/trunk/ specs
> >
> > Then you should be able to build it all.
>
> Well, I did that, and when I tried to build that specs tree with Maven
> 2 I got the big Maven stack trace above.  But I'll check it on IRC
> and/or later.  Bad timing on my part, I guess.  :)

The parent POM needs to be available for the specs build to work. The
easiest way to do this (until it is deployed and in the central
repository) is to install the geronimo parent POM you need to go into
geronimo/trunk and

m2 -N install

That will push the POM you need into your local repository and then you
should be able to build the specs. I'll whip up a little document.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

Three people can keep a secret provided two of them are dead.

 -- Unknown