geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Building specs with Maven 2.x
Date Sat, 29 Oct 2005 07:30:43 GMT
Hi,

I've got all the specs builds working with Maven 2.x except for the
corba module for which I need to whip up a quick plug-in to deal with
IDL.

Are the specs built frequently because I see that you've changed the
directory structure of the SVN repository and so many of your references
like:

../../etc/project.xml

Won't work anymore unless I'm not seeing something.

If I can get the specs building with Maven 2.x and get the artifacts
produced into the m1 repository, and get the spec builds running under
Continuum can I flip the spec builds over to Maven 2.x standards and use
it as the default build? I figure that the specs don't change that often
and is a good place to start if folks are interesting in converting the
build over to Maven 2.x.

This basically boils down to adhering to this:

http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-standard-directory-layout.html

And getting a few tips about the corba module (Alan :-)). Everything
else appears to be working.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

you are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in.
No one is fanatically shouting that the sun is going to rise tomorrow.
They know it is going to rise tomorrow. When people are fanatically
dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of
dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or
goals are in doubt.

  -- Robert Pirzig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance