geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: Geronimo ORB and Maven 2
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 21:24:39 GMT
On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 12:58 -0700, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
> Unless someone has an objection, I shall convert this to M2 as I put it
> into the sandbox.

I can help you too.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

People develop abstractions by generalizing from concrete examples.
Every attempt to determine the correct abstraction on paper without
actually developing a running system is doomed to failure. No one
is that smart. A framework is a resuable design, so you develop it by
looking at the things it is supposed to be a design of. The more examples
you look at, the more general your framework will be.

  -- Ralph Johnson & Don Roberts, Patterns for Evolving Frameworks