geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Consolidating the community
Date Sat, 29 Oct 2005 17:46:52 GMT
Why not consolidate the entire Geronimo community, or as much as
possible, into the Geronimo project itself?

I bounced this idea off a few people and the feedback I got was very
positive.  This idea keeps popping up and before it gets to far along
I want to bring it to the dev list.

One thing you should really think about is this requires a big
commitment from the Geronimo community.  There are a lot of projects,
code and committers that we will need to integrate into our
community.  Most of the projects will have to go through incubation,
which as you all know is not easy.  On the positive side, we already
work closely with these projects, and are very familiar with the
communities and code.

As you can tell, I'm very excited about this.  What do you think?
Who would want to come?

-dain